A healthy way to start the day...or snack your way through it!
Many times, parents are in a rush out of the house in the morning. After feeding their kids, they rarely have time to grab a nutritious breakfast for themselves. That usually leads to the dreadful drive-thru breakfast sandwich as the only option. These healthy, nutrient packed scones are a great option. They're easy to make and easy to grab on your way out the door!
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 3/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup granulated Splenda
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- a dash of nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees & spray the baking sheets with cooking spray (preferably vegetable oil spray).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, egg whites, vanilla whey protein powder, Splenda, oats, dark chocolate chips, chopped almonds, dried cranberries & raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir well until blended.
- Scoop out scone mix in 2 inch spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the peaks begin to brown
- Cool & serve
Makes 24 scones. Each scone has approximately 135 calories, 9 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber & 7grams of protein.