2- 12oz Chicken Breasts, pounded to 1/2" thickness
2 cups steamed broccoli (you may have extra but you can eat it with your meal
1 T. Thinly Sliced Fresh Basil
2 oz shredded cheddar cheese (or any type of cheese you prefer)
No salt seasoning of your choice to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and lay it flat. Cut it in half and do one side at a time.
- Sprinkle seasoning according to what you like on it.
- Sprinkle the cheese in the center. Then add the chopped broccoli on top.
- Make sure you don't put too much or else you won't be able to roll it and keep the ingredients in. Then I started on one side, rolling it towards the center and tucking the sides in.
- Secure it with twine or a toothpick down the center. Brush it with olive oil and add a little bit more seasoning on top.
- Cook chicken for 25-35 minutes, turning the chicken every 10 minutes to cook evenly on all sides.
- You can add a little more cheese on top the last 10 minutes it cookes if you'd like too.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a plate, remove the toothpick or twine and enjoy.
- We eat it with steamed veggies, spinach salad, baked sweet potato, quinoa or sweet potato fries.