Thursday, March 27, 2014
Protein Packed Egg Muffins
--10 egg whites from large eggs or a carton of egg whites with 10 servings
--1 chopped onion
--Normandy vegetables (Kirkland brand from Costco of frozen broccoli, squash, cauliflower & carrots)
--1/2 cup pico de gallo or chopped tomatoes
--1/2 cup cilantro
--No salt seasoning such as Mrs. Dash
1. Pour egg whites into blender. Add seasoning to your liking. Add chopped onions, cilantro & pico de gallo (or tomatoes).
2. Blend for only a few seconds. It should be just enough to mix the ingredients, not puree them.
3. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Pour the egg white mixture in your blender into the muffin pan filling each muffin only half way.
4. Steam several cups of Kirkland Normandy Vegetables. Quantity depends on how many veggies you want in your muffins. If you don't use them all, you can just eat them alone. Add vegetables to muffins in pan by just dropping them in. Do the same with any other ingredients you want to add, such as mushrooms, spinach, bacon, sausage, etc. Top with feta cheese and Mrs Dash seasoning to your liking.
5. Cook in oven at 375 degrees until browned or approximately 30-40 minutes.
6. Let cool, remove from pan and enjoy! This is a great snack food for mom, dad & the kids. My daughter hated eggs until she tried the eggie muffins as she calls them!