Ok when I'm hungry, I tend to reach for the first thing I find in the fridge. I have a baby so cooking isn't very easy for me to be able to do. That is why I need super easy recipes if I'm going to eat healthy and not eat packaged, preservative filled foods. This is one of my favorite things to eat. Egg white omelets. You can fill them with anything and they're quick and easy to make! The one below just has spinach because I'm trying to lose a few pounds and get back into my smaller clothes but you can also add the following and still make it healthy:
- bell peppers
- shredded cheese (in moderation)
- lean ground turkey
- chopped chicken breast
- extra lean ground beef
- turkey bacon
And basically anything else that you think would taste good. The recipe is easy and you add in the rest of your ingredients at the same time I add the spinach.
- Kirkland carton of egg whites (or 5 large egg whites)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1oz crumbled feta cheese
- Kirkland no salt seasoning (or any no salt seasoning such as Mrs Dash)
1. Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray (preferably olive oil spray)
2. Heat and pour egg whites in. Let them cook so that the top is still runny but the bottom is more
3. Sprinkle no salt seasoning and add your ingredients. In my case, it was just spinach and a little
bit of feta cheese.
4. Let it cook until you can lift the omelet with a spatula. Then fold it closed. Press down so it closes and flip over.
5. Cook it a few more seconds and it's done! Serve and eat!