Authentic Argentine Chicken Milanesas
The amount will depend on how many you want to make. 2 lbs should serve 4 to 5 of you. I buy extra to prepare and freeze. Saves me time during the week for dinner!
- Chicken breast cut very thin. Some delis will already sell it that way and called "Chicken milanesa"
- chopped garlic clove
- Seasoning of your choice
- 5-7 eggs
- Container of breadcrumbs
- Optional: Chimichurri to add on top
- Separate or cut the breasts into several pieces. Lay them flat on a cutting board, counter or what my mom does, a piece of plastic! She's all about easy clean up and I'm with her!
- Sprinkle them with your fave seasoning, some salt and pepper. Flip over and do the other side.
- Prepare your marinade by mixing eggs, parsley, seasoning and garlic in a large bowl or dish.
- Place all of the pieces of chicken into egg mixture and let sit for a few hours to soak up flavor. IF you have time. If you don't, continue to step 5. I like to let mine sit overnight.
- After removing them from the egg marinade, place breadcrumbs into a bowl or dish and cover each of the breast with breadcrumbs thoroughly. If you have a meat pounder, remove the chicken from the breadcrumbs and pound the chicken to ensure they're fully covered.
- You have 2 options when it comes to cooking them..... frying or baking. I'll be honest, they taste pretty good fried but I'm a health nut and don't fry anything at home. It's easier and healthier to bake too. IF you want to fry them, add a little bit of olive oil (and my mom adds a little bit of garlic too) to a skillet. Not too much, but just enough to cover the bottom. Cook each side until golden brown. Have a large tray or dish ready lined with paper towels and place them on the paper towels to soak up some of the oil. You can dab them with paper towels as well to remove even more of the oil.
- If you bake them, you can bake them all at once and, if you're really into it, make them "Napolitana" style by adding a little bit of marinara sauce, tomato, a slice of ham and cheese on top about 5 minutes before they're done cooking while baking. They should be golden brown already before you add the Napolitana toppings.
- Bake them at about 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Serve them with a green salad, mashed potatoes & garnish with lemon. Squeeze the lemon on the milanesa and some on the salad and enjoy!
Are you following the 21 Day Fix? If so, here's the container breakdown per 4 oz (about the size of your open hand) milanesa! 1 red (chicken) and 1/2 yellow (breadcrumbs) If you make them Napolitana style, it would also be 1 blue (cheese), 1 more red (ham), 1 purple (marinara sauce since it has sugars in it) & 1 green (tomato).
3 generations of woman cooking in the kitchen!
This is an example of Napolitana style!